The CHOA provides its members the opportunity to connect, share and learn with professionals in the heavy oil and oil sands industry.
Sign Up or Renew for 1, 2, or 3 years!
· 1 Year Membership (expires day of renewal/initial registration next year) - $125.00/year
· 2 Year Membership (expires day of renewal/initial registration in 2 years) - $115.00/year
· 3 Year Membership (expires day of renewal/initial registration in 3 years) - $105.00/year
· Student Membership (expires day of renewal/initial registration next year) - $25.00/year
Ex. Register/renew Jan 2, 2016 for a 1 year memberships and your expiry will be Jan 2, 2017.
Membership has BIG benefits!
- Great networking opportunities with industry peers and members of the CHOA
- An outstanding technical program in a variety of formats, including:
o Technical Luncheons - 10/year; attendance range from 125 – 260: One hour lunch and presentation/project update with Q&A by leading industry experts in one of the following 5 categories; 5) Business, Marketing & Transportation 1) Drilling & Completions 2) Reservoir & Production 3) Environment 4) Facilities & Upgrading
o Beer and Chats 5/year; attendance range from 125 – 260: This event is a late afternoon candid panel discussion and Q&A of a relevant topic (5 categories) followed by networking, appetizers and drink tickets.
- Highly acclaimed conferences throughout the year:
o Slugging it Out: One day technical event at the BMO Centre in Calgary, that addresses key industry challenges and controversial issues
o Canadian Heavy Oil Conference (CHOC): The premier 2 day multi track Heavy Oil conference in Canada
- Popular Networking Events: The one stop for fun networking within the Calgary industry – events tailored to host team building for clients, colleagues, young professionals, students. Events such as: Stampede lunch, golf tournaments, Oktoberfest, Curling Tournament, Mardi Gras and more!
- Discounted fees for technical and networking social events, as well as, conferences organized by the CHOA: Significant savings of attending events up to $1,000 per year plus networking benefits and access to exclusive educational resources
- Members only online access and a hard copy of the Journal of the Canadian Heavy Oil Association and a hard copy of the Heavy Oil & Oilsands Guidebook
- Opportunity to apply for annual scholarships for CHOA members and family
- Access to member only sections of the CHOA website
- Discounted workshops access:
o Understanding the Heavy Oil Industry – high level, half day, non-technical workshop
o Heavy Oil 101 – Full day technical workshop
- The opportunity to belong to a heavy oil community and contribute to an organization dedicated to improving knowledge on heavy oil and oil sands issues
WHO ARE CHOA MEMBERS?
- 15% females, 85% males
- 85% are full time working professionals with an average tenure of 10 years in heavy oil
- 26% of our members are Engineers with about 60% involved in subsurface related activities
- About 30% are in sales and about 30% are in senior management roles
- The majority of members are from 1. Producer 2. Engineering and 3. Supplier companies
CHOA members recently rated the top 3 effects that CHOA has made on them personally:
1 - Keeping in tune with trends and changes in the heavy oil industry
2 – Building your network of industry/heavy oil peers and
3 – Growing your knowledge through relevant technical training/programs
Please note that CHOA does not have corporate memberships. CHOA memberships are held by individuals only and memberships are non-transferable.